Monday, August 17, 2009

Dream Girls Challenge

I found another challenge blog (look for a listing of challenge blogs at Remember Today). Dream Girls issues a challenge on the 1st and 15th of each month. August 1st's challenge was to create a layout that had paint, glitter, and wings. Here's my go of it:
And a close-up of the glittered birdie and his glittered flower.
I'll be honest, I struggled with the paint on this one. I've painted on many layouts, but for some reason, I was just not getting good results with this one. I was looking for a lightly speckled look, like the kind you would think you would get from the spattered toothbrush technique. Nope, didn't happen for me. I ended up putting the layout on the floor of my dry shower, and splattering the paint with a brush in the two corners. Clean up was easy: simply pick up the layout, and hose out the shower.
I had written the journaling three times over for each time I messed up the paint job. Note to self: create background art before adhering photos and elements and writing journaling. It just makes more sense, don't you think!
Here's what the journaling will say when I copy it over to this completed layout:
Title: and in a blink it can all change How is it that a baby can go from content to crying in just seconds? It must be the same way a toddler can go from tickled to tantrumming in just steps, or the way a school boy can go from 'I hate you' to 'I love you' in just moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!