Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Method Playground: Rock Star

This week's challenge at the Playground is to *Make It Messy*. You don't have to tell me twice to get messy (it goes back to my mud-pie-making-days!) For this one, I started of with a piece of raw canvas (from Dixie Pieces' October kit).
Squirted on a few blobs of paint in teal, turquoise, gold, and lime.

With a large bristle brush, I swirled the paint all over, adding more paint as needed.

Once dry (I stink at the waiting part), I used a Sharpie to add in some text. I used big, bold bubble letters to add to the graffiti look I was going for here.

A few doodles and words (rock on! and kick it) and a bit of paint in the bubble lettersOriginally I was going to use a smaller photo, but changed my mind to a 4x6, so the star got covered up.

I forgot to take pictures of this part, but I squirted some spray paint in white, blue and orange, some from a distance and some super close (I lifted the canvas to let the splotches drip).

A machine stitched border and some stitching around the photo finishes the page. My son wants to frame it and hang it in his new *Rock Star* bedroom.

Get out your paints, mists, coffee, spray paint, food coloring--whatever, get messy and link up on the Playground. Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. Love how you created that background! Awesome idea to just swirl it around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!
    Thank you for showing us the process!
    and a very happy new year to you Michelle!!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I would love to play with some canvas like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did something with the canvas! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that looks fun!!!
    Happy Twenty-10, sweetheart! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!