Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
The frame around the collage was created with SU!'s Warm Words set and a black pen to join the words together.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Remember this sketch? I finally put it to use on this page. No photos yet, but you can use four of the recommended size of 2.25" x 3.25" or create your own similar arrangement. I'm trying to choose between photos of my husband and I and pics of me with the boys (both are pretty rare since I'm aways behind the lens). But you can get enough of an idea to complete the layout below.
The third layout is the SPS found here.
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
You will need: one tea cloth dish towel (the prettier the better, like maybe these)
Prewash the towel and iron it.
Lay the towel good side up. Fold down the top (on the long edge) enough to cover the width of ribbon. Sandwich the ribbon at about 1" into the towel and pin. Repeat on other side.
Sew the ribbon into the towel with a "box-X" stitch. I'm sure there's a name for this, but I'm sewing impaired so I call it the box-x. Repeat on the other side.
Sew along each end to close the sides, and down the middle to create two pockets (or design as many pockets as you would like).
I adjusted the pattern ever so slightly, cutting the fabric to 28" rather than 26". I was thinking that I would not need the fusible fleece padding, then at the last minute (and a quick trip to JoAnn's) I added it. It's definitely better with it, not only for comfort, but also for overall look and quality. Out of 1/4 yard of fabric, I was able to cut enough for three straps. I would like to try one that is nearly the length of my whole strap to try to cover up some of the unattractive plasticware used in adjusting the strap length. I will definitely be making a whole slew of these--great for presents.
Here's a close up which was about all I could get once I slipped it onto my strap.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
paper: DCWV; felt flower: cut with Sizzix; chipboard numbers: Stampin' Up!
I used a bunch of *old* supplies on the above page; I don't even know most of the manufacturers. The oak leaf is an iron-on that I no doubt bought on clearance somewhere. Happy to say it has now found a home on a page!