Wednesday, January 20, 2010

stUdio

I was so inspired by Jen Jockisch's LO on pg. 100 of the Feb issue of CK. I loved her colorful blocks of paper and the stitching (sorry I can't find a link online to share with you). Then I had a brainstorm to use fabric and canvas to create the same look. I am in love with this whole process. It's nothing new, Donna Downey has created a whole line of products based on this idea, and there are loads of paper companies turning their lines into fabric. Don't get me wrong, I love putting glue to paper, but there is something altogether therapeutic about sending strips of fabric through the whir of the sewing machine. Double sided tape just doesn't have the pizzazz of a zigzag stitch and glue has nothing on the holding power of needle and thread for those hard to fasten trims and pom-pom fringe. Yeah, I'm hooked!





2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty fond of the place as well and your layout did the place and the process justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work here and I'm so impressed with your studio as well! Lucky girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!