Friday, May 20, 2011

3-D Flower Baubles : A tutorial

There's a party going on at Scrapbook Heaven this weekend.  We're having a Garden Party!  Stop on by the forum and learn how to make some pretty blooms for your projects.  I've scheduled the three flower projects I created to post each day this weekend.  To see the fantastic flowers from the rest of the DT, head on over to The Forum.  You have until the 29th of May to link up your project to be eligible for some great prizes.
3-D Bauble Flowers
A while back I made little paper baubles for a garland.
This technique works on that same idea.

The how-to:
  1.  Punch or die cut a symmetrical shape. (flower, heart, circle, etc)
  2. Fold each shape in half (a scoring tool helps get your folds nice and crisp).
  3. Simply glue each punched piece to the next, lining up along the folds. I used 4 punchies, but experiment with more to get a fuller look.
  4. Adhere the back flaps to your project and you're done!

The best part: the baubles fold flat for card shipping. 
These make great scrapbook embellies for framed layouts, too.

And a close up:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!