Monday, May 9, 2011

A bit of Monday randomness.

We're into week two of May and I'm still sticking with this little project.  I've been wondering what makes this daily project different than others I've attempted in the past and all I can come up with is "crochet is portable".  I can throw it in a bag and bring it to swimming, church, soccer, the doctor's, and on car trips.  I bring it outside while the kids are playing, and I throw on another round while I wait for water to boil on the stove.  I don't like to be idle for long, and crochet is the perfect thing to while away the minutes.  And these blocks whip up really quickly and look beautiful.

So here's day 9:
Falling Star by Melinda Miller {pattern here}
 There are quite a few of Melinda's blocks being used for this CAL (crochet-a-long) and I love them all!

Here's a peek at my progress as of last Thursday.  I think I love it!  I keep telling the boys this blanket is going to be mine all mine, after all I am the only girl in the house!


And now for a little scrapbooking, and I mean little.  Might be the change of seasons or the busy-ness of spring in general around here, but not much was done in the way of scrapbooking last month.  I've learned to just roll with this...sometimes it's just like that...it will all come around again.

background: vinyl shelf liner in wood grain; mat: paper towel leftover from Easter egg coloring attached with masking tape; circle accents: spirograph over patterned paper
I took a photo of my crazy threesome after they had had a free-for-all with the body markers.  What started as a harmless bit of stamp tattooing quickly turned into a full-blown, all-out marker assault on each other.  Yeah, they thought they were so cool.

This is a framed page I donated for a charity auction.  Sorry about the fuzzy faces, but I wanted to protect these little cuties. 
This was such a fun page to create, especially the handmade embellishments:
And a few flowers I'm playing around with for a crop coming up next week at Scrapbook Heaven.  Stay tuned for the deets!
Alrighty, I'm off to a Mother's Day Tea at my youngest's class.  I told you this was a bunch of randomness!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Love how it is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous! I'm loving your colors and squares so much!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!