Monday, May 2, 2011

Square A Day: 1 and 2

Happy May!  Hope you all had a great weekend!

I'm off to a great start with my grannies (ha--see me in about a week!).  I'm not sure I want to post them every day--might kinda get on the nerves of my email subscribers (and I love my subscribers--mmmwahh!).  Think I'll put them up on FB every day, and do a post here every few days.  But I didn't want you to think I had flaked already on this little project.

Amethyst Square by SmoothFox  {pattern here}
Kata by Penny {pattern here}
I probably should have taken some notes when I was making these so I could give you a few pointers.  My crochet skills are, umm...still developing, and I often have to tear out and redo (sometimes frequently) with any given pattern.  Maybe that's what I love so much about crochet--it's very forgiving and mistakes just get torn out and no one ever has to know!

5 comments:

  1. Both are very delicate looking in the soft colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the colors!! SO pretty for spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming back to answer your question. I Have not blocked any of the squares yet but I am thinking of doing it to smooth the sides out on some of them. Love your blog btw.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I agree with Sarah, these colors remind me of spring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these.. what kind of yarn are you using??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!