Monday, May 23, 2011

Square-a-Day: one week of catch-up

Wow, have I really fallen this far behind?  My squares are coming right along, it's the rest of the posting process that hangs me up!  Here we go:

Lemony Lime Citrus by SmoothFox {pattern here}
This was a fun one, and I love the little arches that showed up in the corners on the green round.
Starburst Flower by SmoothFox {pattern here}
Can you tell I had run out of blue yarn when I made this one?!  The starburst came out bigger than I thought it would, so I didn't have room to add any blue or white.  This is another one I would like to make in its full 12" size.  Hmm do I feel another blanket coming on?

Ladybug Square by Amelia Beebe {pattern here}
Honestly, this was one square I thought I would be ditching--just didn't think I wanted a ladybug on my blanket.  But it just might be one of my favorites.  And I think it will add jut the right touch of whimsy!  I used french knots for the spots--so fun!

Eye of the Beholder by Jessica Gil {pattern here}
This one went really quickly.  I'm sad that my smaller size omitted the little stripes of color between the outer rows.

George's Granny by Jessica Gil {pattern here}
Another super fast square, and I love how easy Jessica's pattern's are to follow.

And last but not least:
Impossible Hexagon by Stramenda {pattern here}
I had such high hopes for this one, but it was made to be a 12 incher, and I lost the beautiful effect of the lace work of the white.  I only did two rounds of the lacy white part (rounds 5 & 6), and when I skipped down to round 9 it all went wonky.  I'm going to do this one again as a 12 incher--it would make a beautiful accent pillow cover.

Haven't started today's square yet, but I'll be back later in the week with more squares.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Your squares in cotton are very beautiful! You have them all! What a nice project is a granny a day in may! I like it very much, but i still miss some squares, but I try to make them too if i have time. greetings Joke from Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo far behind. I was thinking I wasn't going to do the ladybug square, but I don't know. Yours looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All beautiful and the media and colors add so much their beauty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!