Tuesday, May 10, 2011

StUdio Tour

Today, I thought I would do a post on my creative space.  I took these photos a few weeks ago during the short window when my space and the space I share with the kiddos was clean at the same time (a rarity around here).  So let's get started:

My space resides over our two-car garage.  It is accessible from a second staircase off our kitchen and from the upstairs center hallway.  When we built our home, we knew we wanted a space for the boys (aka the Playroom) and a space for me to create, so we decided to forgo the huge master bedroom suite (thank you hubby!) for this room where we spend most of our hours.


The shelving is a simple track system from the home improvement store.  Although not the most beautiful looking, I love that I can change and rearrange the layout of the shelving to accommodate my ever-changing stash of supplies.  I also tried to add coherence to the space by using a color scheme (lime and turquoise) and repetitive storage units (the striped baskets, the metal bins, the white drawer units).

From Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
  • Over-the-door hanger from Orla Keily: holds small tools (glue gun, heat gun, paper crimper, label makers, etc)
  • Pantry canned goods rack: holds ribbon and crepe paper
  • Striped baskets: hold works in progress, page protectors, chipboard and other recyclable packaging, memorabilia (baby calendars, school papers...), empty mini-albums
  • White drawers: hold large punches
  • Pegboard: holds embellishments where I can see them and remember to use them!
  • Green and blue metal bins: hold envelopes, Xyron, glue and staple gun supplies, embellies
  • Clear Art Bins: hold floss, fibers, buttons, and more buttons


  • Skinny green drawers: hold cutting mats, medium punches, small punches, eyelets and snaps, wire, lace and trims
  • Green and blue wire mesh baskets: hold more fibers, alphabets, metal accents, alpha rub-ons
  • Upcycled Starbucks bottles: hold buttons, rhinestones, flowers, pearls, hat pins, and other small embellies (need to spray paint the tops of a few more)

  • Magazine holders: hold 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock
  • Plastic bin drawers: hold alcohol inks, pearl x powders, Stickles, and a bunch of other stuff
  • Basket on my desk: holds journals, to do lists, inspiration journals, sketch books, and other little notebooks I love to keep
  • Shelves adjacent to windows: hold magazines, Stampin' Up! stamp sets, and more Art Bins of embellies

1 comment:

  1. your beautiful and very well organized scraproom congratulations greetings from Venezuela

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!