Monday, November 7, 2011

Pinspire Me Monday: Cracked Marble Pendant

Happy Monday!

Time for another...dum da dum dum...

Are you growing to love Monday's?  I think I am.

So here's this week's pin:

Source: craftster.org

Aren't those purty!

When I read how to do this, I just had to try it for myself--it seemed too easy to be true.

I baked mine at 325 for 20 minutes and plopped them into a bowl of cold water.  It worked, though I don't think I achieved quite the same faceted effect as the gorgeous ones above.


I topped it with a bead cap into which I inserted a rounded wire and threaded it onto a satin rope.
I'll be playing with this just a bit more to see if I can get more cracks in my marbles.  Just what I need, right--more cracks in my marbles!

ETA: go ahead and cook them up at 500 degrees for 30 minutes to get more 'crackage.'

If you've been pinspired by something you pinned on Pinterest, please link it up in the sidebar.

Happy Creating!

5 comments:

  1. I saw this is real life and it was beautiful! Great job Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous... Found the same pot you did and am sitting here just a skeptical,your post helped that!!! My Husband and I collect marbles from everywhere and I would love a necklace from a honeymoon marble CANT WAIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowee! Great idea, I am making these for Xmas gifts. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you attach the bead cap to the bead?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!