Tuesday, November 6, 2012

crochet wip's

The past few months I have felt like I have started more crochet projects than I have actually finished.
Do you do this?  I don't think I am alone {at least I hope not}.  Here's a few of the projects that have been on and off of my hook lately:

 Some ribbed fingerless mitts:
 or should I say, "mitt?"  The other is on my hook:


And neither is finished because the beautiful pattern calls for some crochet cables (I'm procrastinating on that part--cables scare me!)

I'm using the same pattern from above to create these stripey mitts:
 And wouldn't you know it, as I was snapping these pictures, I noticed a mistake:

I must have left out a row of single crochet.  Grrr.

And then we have this project:
the-never-ending-not-gonna-be-a-blanket project.

I decided on a new plan of attack after seeing BabyLove Brand's way of speedy crochet on Instagram.  This girl is amazing, and boy can she whip up blankets like nobody's business.   

Now I'm trying to crochet by the round: a bunch of circles, then the flowers, then the borders, then the attaching round.  Part of my trouble, though, is that I have very limited yarn in each color.

But, sadly that project up there is not my oldest wip.  At least I started that one this year.
These little cuties were started about a year ago as a Christmas gift:
Hmmm, well there's always this Christmas, right?!

After exposing all of my sad little wip's (and I'm sure I could find more around here if I just looked), I feel the need to leave you with this:

What???!!!??  A finished crochet project?!?

You betcha!  It's quick and so rewarding and you can find the pattern for it  h e r e.

To make the hanger detachable, I stitched the button to the ribbon so you can simply button it the star:

Wouldn't it be cute to make a little assortment of holiday/seasonally themed crochet motifs to change out?  I feel another wip coming on!

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful crochet projects -- love that little star w/ribbon hanger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Shoregirl!! Now if I can just move more projects from the "wip pile" to the "complete pile" ;)

      Delete
  2. These stars are wonderful! I was wondering what yarn you used to get that cute homespun look? :O) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I found this star pattern on Ravelry and I'm sitting here trying to make it but I find it a bit confusing.. Since you seem to have been able to follow it fine, I was wondering if you would be willing to explain the pattern to me a bit. After I did the first 5 puff stitches inside the magic circle, it says to slip stitch to the first puff stitch.. but knowing in what exact stitch to sl st into was confusing. I feel like I just stitched "somewhere" .. don't know if it was correct. And then the pattern says for the next row to work the 6tr group into the "top" of each puff stitch.. what does that mean? haha.. I'm looking at the tops of my puff stitches and have no clue where to stitch! :) ... That's as far as I've gotten in the pattern.. If you do not have time to explain the pattern in a little better detail, that's okay :) Just really wanting to make these cute stars so bad!!! Thanks! (metsymade (@) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessica, here's my answer: pick a stitch to do your stitches in and then be consistent all the way around. Sometimes it is confusing with patterns to know which stitch to work into. I pick one, be consistent throughout, and see if I like the result. If not, just tear out the round and try another stitch. Hope this you!

      Delete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!